Attendees: Bart Williams, Kristina Vourax, Taryn Whipple, Bill Hughes, Lynda Daniel and Heidi Brookes (all via video conference call)
Other: Tom Eide, Kim & Evan Williams, Patrick Schnell
- Meeting called to order at 7:01 p.m.
- 6/08/20 board minutes approved.
- Principal Search Update
- a) LCCA board is working with ESI to find a principal.
- b) There are two (2) promising candidates that will be meeting with Hillsdale Collegethe second week of July
- c) The goal is to make an offer the end of July / beginning of august with start inSeptember to be on for a full planning year.
- Marketing Update
- a) Business Cards are finalized and have been sent to the printer. Board membersshould receive them within the next week.
- b) WebsiteRedesign–
- (i) Mtg past week with Branigan Communication who will be creating a new LCCA website pro bono
- (ii) Updated website will include on-line enrollment and other additional functionality.
- (iii) Kristina Vourax will continue to work with Branigan, providing direction, content and stock photos.
- (iv) Updated LCCA website expected to launch by mid-august 2020
- c) Info Gatherings –
- (i) Depending on COVID-19, we would like to begin hosting informational gatherings for potential families to begin enrollment this fall for next year (fall 2021).
- (ii) Options could include in-person and/or direct contact via phone call by a board member.
- Fundraising Update:
a) DPI Grant
- Submitted application to DPI which would supply federal funding for Charter Schools.
- Recently notified LCCA was not a recipient for the grant this year.
- LCCA asked for copies of winning applications and score sheets for our review so we can improve our application should we choose to reapply for an implementation grant next year.
- There are other donors and foundations interested in providing seed money to help get LCCA up and running.
- We have continued outreach for board members and connected with Todd Grey, former superintendent of Waukesha district. Todd will be working on Business Development and M&A for the law firm and is interested in providing pro bono for LCCA. With his connections in K-12 education, experience with charter schools and his financial savvy, we welcome Todd’s support to LCCA as a strategic advisor.
- New Business Items a) None
- Meeting adjourned at 7:14 pm.
- Next meeting scheduled on August 3, 6pm.