Lake Country Classical Academy – Regular Board Meeting Minutes Wednesday, December 2, 2020, 7 p.m.
995 S. Sawyer Rd., Oconomowoc
- Call to Order at 7:09 pm
- Pledge of Allegiance
3. Agenda for the 12/2 board meeting was approved
- Public Comments – No members from the public were present.
- Board Meeting minutes from 11/4/20 were approved as distributed
- Treasurer’s report
- Tax returns filed on 11/12/2020
- Bart recently updated the budget to reflect 5-year plan
- Kristina supplied a list of expenses to date
7. Finance, Facilities, & Technology Committee update: Committee will begin regular meetings and work in January 2021.
8. Policy, Communications & Fundraising Committee update
- Policy: Bill and Kristina will be working on school policies (writing these policies is too big of a project to be combined into the work of the communications & fundraising committee)
- Communications: Discussed PR and marketing strategies to increase awareness and enrollment. Tactics include:
o Meet & Greet with principal/open house at school in January
o Social media posts & advertising
o Marketing materials (signage, posters & flyers) at select locations
o Media relations
o Research & attend community group meetings and Chambers of Commerce
- • Fundraising:
- o RegisterLCCAasanoptionforAmazonSmile
- o Grant writing team assembled; developing list of possible grants
9. Ambassadors Committee update
- Recruited 12 people to be on this committee which meets every-other-month; its purpose is to generate further awareness and bring in larger gifts to LCCA. Anyone interested in joining this committee please contact Tim Peterson, email@example.com.
- Identified additional donor possibilities; looking for more one-on-one meetings with larger donors
• Fundraiser on Saturday 12/5/2020, “Elvis for Education”
10. Student recruitment & enrollment update
- First enrollment period (Dec. 1 – 18) is off to a great start. As of day two, we’ve received 178 applications.
- The December enrollment period will close at 5 p.m. on Dec. 18. If necessary, a lottery will be held (by grade) on Monday, 12/21, and families will be notified by noon on 12/21.
- The next enrollment period is scheduled for Jan. 1 – 31, 2021.
11. Old Business
a) Principal Search update
- One of our principal candidate finalists is coming to Wisconsin Dec. 6 & 7 to meet the board and tour the area. He will be interviewed by Hillsdale/the BCSI on 12/9.
- The principal search committee is working on finalizing contract terms.
- Goal is to have an offer made, accepted and contract finalized/voted on at the January 4board meeting.
b) Back office support/HR fulfillment search
- Meeting with Open Sky on Monday December 7, 2020.
- Heidi is reaching options and will present options and recommendation to the board inJan. or Feb.
c) School furniture donations
- Received 60+ used student desks from the Greendale School District, and 40+ office chairs for teachers and staff from OnCourse Learning.
- May receive additional furniture donations from GSD again in the spring.
d) Board & Officers insurance update
• Reviewing vendors – Tim will be getting multiple quotes and will provide a recommendation at the Jan. board meeting.
e) Copier: Tim followed up on photo copier located at the school; we may take over the contract from the ALAC.
12. New Business
a) Mailing address change
• Closed our P.O Box; we will begin receiving mail at 995 S. Sawyer Rd., Oconomowoc, WI 53066
13. Adjournment at 7:54 p.m.