Lake Country Classical Academy Regular Board Meeting Agenda
Wednesday, March 3, 2021, 7 p.m. (virtual via GoToMeeting.com)*
- Meeting called to order at 7:02 p.m.
- Pledge of Allegiance.
- Agenda Approved.
- Public Comments – none.
- Board Meeting minutes from 2/3/21 approved.
- New LCCA Board Member, Tom Gehl: Tim Peterson moved to appoint Tom Gehl to the LCCA Board. Heidi Brookes seconded motion. Motion was unanimously approved. Tom is a Hillsdale College graduate and served 10 years on the Elmbrook School District Board, seven of those years as Board President.
7. Principal’s report
- School location update: Bart and the Abundant Life Apostolic Church continue to have discussions with the Village of Summit re: zoning restrictions and a conditional use permit needed for LCCA to take occupancy of the ALAC property for the 2021 school year. LCCA families will be notified that we could use their support by attending a public hearing at the Village of Summit offices on April 15 at 5:30 p.m. In addition, Bart and Kristina have been working with a real estate broker to identify several other alternative school locations that will give LCCA a place land in time for a 2021 opening. We have a handful of promising options in the Oconomowoc and Waukesha areas. We are currently negotiating with one new site in particular and hope to finalize an agreement by the end of March/early April (due to the confidential nature of negotiations, we are unable to share exact locations/addresses).
- Feb. 27 Meet & Greet: The open house was well attended with approximately 200 people in attendance. The PowerPoint presentation and new FAQs that were shared are now posted on our website.
- Student enrollment to-date: 339 accepted offers from the first two enrollment periods and 78 new applications received so far in the current (Feb/March 2021) enrollment period.
- Teachers/admin staff job descriptions/interviews: Job descriptions of the general roles have been posted on the LCCA website. Remaining specialist positions should be posted by Friday of this week. We are receiving a steady stream of applications and plan to begin making offers in the coming weeks.
- Gantt chart/project milestones & responsibilities: Bart prepared and shared a big picture timeline outlining some of the highlights/planning milestones that need to be hit between now and the first day of school, Sept. 7, 2021.
• School policies update: Working on the student/family handbook and the staff handbook.
8. Ambassadors Committee update
- Welcomed additional ambassadors to the team.
- Working with ambassadors to plan smaller fundraisers to expand our circle of influencethroughout the community and bring in additional funding.
- The first annual LCCA Liberty Gala is scheduled for Saturday, July 31, at theOconomowoc Community Center.
9. Old Business
- Back-office support/HR fulfillment decision: Decision has been made to hire internal HR Director, Kim Nichols, who will be on a contract in March and will start full-time beginning on April 1, 2021. Kim will be able to handle HR/benefits/payroll and also administrative duties until we’re able to hire a full-time administrative assistant in late spring/early summer.
- Insurance update: Procured BOD Insurance and limited liability to take us through the next few months. This policy will be expanded once we take possession of our school location this this summer.
- DPI Grant: Submitted implementation grant application to the DPI. We anticipate receiving notification within the next few months.
10. Adjournment – Meeting adjourned at 8:03pm