Lake Country Classical Academy Regular Board Meeting
January 5, 2022, 7 p.m. LCCA West Campus, 818 W. Wisconsin Ave, Oconomowoc
President Kristina Vourax called the meeting to order at 7:01 PM.
All Board members were present; Dan Fuhrman attended via phone connection.
- • Motion made by Tom Gehl to approve the Agenda – Motion was approved.
- • Motion made by Tim Peterson to approve Minutes of December Meeting – Motion Approved
- • There were no comments offered in the Citizen’s Forum.
- • Interim Principal Margaret Daigneau presented the Leadership Report, a copy of which is included in these minutes.
- • Topics included current and future enrollment for the 2022-2023 school year, various holiday activities at both school locations, facilities, and other topics of interest.
Student and Faculty/Staff Survey Results:
- • President Kristina Vourax covered highlights from these surveys.
- • Participation was very high, with 199 of 220 families responding.
- • Major takeaways were that 95% would recommend LCCA to other families, 97% plan to return their children, and 90% were satisfied with the quality of education.
- • Areas for improvement were also identified in the surveys, with action to be considered and taken on these at a later date.
- • Staff participation was also high with 31 completed.
- • The revised policy was presented with minor attendance modification.
- • Motion from Tom Gehl to approve the policy as presented was approved.
- • Brian Hastings presented this report.
- • LCCA’s current cash situation is strong and the operational deficit is smaller due to unexpected monies from DPI, and a generous donation.
- • LCCA still does have an operating deficit for the current year, and fund raising will be needed to bridge that gap.
Finance and Facilities Committee Report:
- • There is a meeting on January 19, the primary subject of which will be evaluating options for facilities next year, as well as the issue of tax-exempt bonds for a building campaign.
- • Pods continue to be evaluated as an option for next year.
Fund Raising and Communications Committee:
- • An Open House is scheduled for January 27 for prospective families considering enrollment for the 2022-2023 school year.
- • Update on various tools for enrollment marketing, as well as fund raising initiatives.
- • Update on planning for fundraiser, the LCCA Ambassadors’ Celebration, on February 5.
Board President Report:
- • No report was needed beyond comments in FRC Committee above.
- • Motion made by Tom Peterson to adjourn.
- • Motion passed – meeting adjourned at 7:54 PM.