Lake Country Classical Academy
Regular Board Meeting – March 15, 2022
6 PM LCCA West Campus – 818 West Wisconsin Avenue, Oconomowoc
I.) Board President Kristina Vourax called the meeting to Order at 6:11 PM. All Board members were present: Except Taryn Whipple. Tim Peterson attended via phone.
II.) Motion made by Tom Gehl to approve the Agenda – Motion passed.
III.) Citizen’s Forum:
- • There were no requests to speak
There were no discussion items.
- I.) School Calendar: 2022-23 School Year:
- • Eric Elliot spoke on the matter of the School Calendar
- • Board held a brief discussion on the calendar.
- • Motion made by Brian Hastings to approve the calendar as submitted for the 2022-23 School Year – Motion Passed.
APP For Coordination of Car Pooling:
- • Motion made by Brian Hastings to approve an amount up to $5,000 for the purchase of an APP to better organize and coordinate aren’t efforts on car-pooling to both locations.
- • Motion passed
- • Tim Peterson to see if the contract for the APP can be aligned to the same dates as the school year.
- • Motion by Kristina Vourax to grant parents the option of opting their children out the State Forward Exam in grades K-3 and 5-7.
- • Motion passed.
Participation in WIAA:
- • Motion by Brian Hastings to authorize the LCCA Leadership Team to apply for participation in the WIAA (Wisconsin Interscholastic Athletic Association).
- • Motion passed
- • Motion made by Tom Gehl to go into Closed Session under State Statute 19.85 (1) (C).
- • Motion passed and Board entered Closed Session at 6:50 PM.
Reconvene to Open Session:
- • The Board reconvened into Open Session at 7:55 PM.
- • Board President Kristina Vourax explained that a Preliminary Budget for the 2022-23 School year, including staffing levels, additional positions, and compensation changes had been approved by the Board.
Motion to Adjourn:
- • Motion made by Tom Gehl to adjourn – motion passed.
- • Meeting adjourned at 7:57 PM.