Lake Country Classical Academy
Regular Board Meeting – June 22, 2022
7 PM – Virtual Meeting
I.) The meeting was called to order by Board President Kristina Vourax at 7:02 PM
II.) All Board members were present, as well as Principal Margaret Daigneau.
III.) Citizen’s Forum:
There were no requests to speak.
IV.) Discussion Item – Current Three-Year Budget Projection:
• Brian Hastings presented a three-year budget projection. The was only preliminary and will be fine tuned and presented again at the July or August board meeting.
V.) Action Item – Temporary Classrooms for 2022-23 School Year:
- • Tim Peterson presented information available since the June 7 meeting. Sewer restrictions are no longer an issue, but due to a variety of issues related to the securing and installation of the pods, there is risk that we mays not have them in place and ready to go by the start of the school year. A period of questions and discussion ensured.
- • Discussion included the urgent need to develop and identify contingencies should the start date of August 28 be jeopardized.
- • Tom Gehl moved to approve funds not to exceed $81,300 to proceed with signing the lease with Vesta and all other requirements associated with securing and installing the pods necessary to meet enrollment for the 2022-23 school year.
- • Motion Passed.
- • Motion by Tim Peterson to adjourn
- • Motion passed – meeting adjourned at 8:10 PM