Lake Country Classical Academy
Special Board Meeting Minutes – July 13, 2022
7 PM – Virtual Meeting
- I.) The meeting was called to order by Board President Kristina Vourax at 7:00 PM
- II.) All Board members were present, as well as Principal Margaret Daigneau.
- III.) Board member Taryn Whipple led participants in the Pledge of Allegiance.
- IV.) Citizen’s Forum:
There were no requests to speak.
I.) Revision to the Uniform Policy:
• Principal Daigneau presented a number of minor changes to the Policy, highlights of which were a Modesty Statement, and clarification of responses to student concerns or questions.
• Board discussion followed, and some concerns were voiced as to the Policy.
• Motion by Tim Peterson to approve the revision as presented.
• Motion passed – Policy can be viewed in the minutes to this meeting.
II.) Discussion/Action Item – Temporary Classrooms for 2022-23 School Year:
- • Tim Peterson presented an update on the status of the installation of the mobile classrooms (pods) that are now on site at East.
- • He presented a GANT Chart of the timelines and tasks associated with the project.
- • The $28,992 needed to pave the additional length of fire lane that is required by Code is a modest increase (approximately $1,500) over the amount that was
- approved in June. Approval of this additional amount represent a significant savings, as the contractor is already on-site and can do this required work. Were that contractor to leave the site and return at a later date to complete the paving, it would be at significantly greater cost.
- • Tom Gehl moved approval of $28,992 for the paving of the additional length of fire lane as required.
- • Motion passed
III.) Discussion/Action Item – Delayed Start to School Year:
- • As a result of the current status of the installation of mobile classrooms, and the administration’s executive team’s need to adjust to it, Principal Daigneau outlined the reasons behind her recommendation for a delayed start to the school year.
- • She confirmed that there are no implications or limitations to this action with respect to State or Department of Public Instruction requirements or regulations.
- • Tom Gehl moved to delay the start of the 2022-23 LCCA school year to Tuesday, September 6.
- • Motion passed.
- • Motion by Tim Peterson to adjourn
- • Motion passed – meeting adjourned at 7:36 PM
LCCA SCHOOL UNIFORM AND APPEARANCE POLICY
Lake Country Classical Academy (LCCA) requires student uniforms. The purpose of the uniform is twofold
1) to promote a decorous school culture focused on training minds and improving hearts
2) to simplify student attire by removing the competitive nature of clothing.
Parents are expected to partner with the school by ensuring students are compliant with the uniform code before arrival at school and to support the school’s expectations and requirements of appearance.
Students wear uniforms daily. The uniform code provides many options.
There will be a required formal uniform for school photos, Formal Fridays (November -April), and special events. Lake Country Classical Academy partners with Flynn O’Hara to provide all uniform clothing that is plaid or that features the embroidered crest. The school code is WI006 at FlynnOHara.com. Official LCCA spirit wear sales also provide some uniform clothing with the embroidered crest.
All plaids, crested items, and neckties for formal uniform occasions must be purchased through FlynnOHara.com. LCCA also has non-crested optional apparel available on LandsEnd.com (school code is 900194911). Other items may be purchased elsewhere.
Shoes: All shoes must cover the entire foot, including heel and toes. Acceptable shoe styles with the daily/non-formal uniform are loafers, Oxfords, tennis shoes, and ballet flats.
Loafers, Oxfords, and ballet flats must be a solid color: white, brown, black, or navy.
Tennis shoes must be a solid color: white, black, or navy– no bright colors; small logos of the same colors are acceptable. **All students, K-10, should bring a pair of athletic shoes to be kept at school for gym and recess (any brand or color is fine for gym shoes except for fluorescent colors).
Belts: Optional black or brown belts with daily/non-formal uniforms. Black belts are required with the formal uniform for 3rd-12th grade boys.
Outerwear: Sweater vests, cardigans, fleeces, light-weight pullovers, and zip-ups must be a solid navy color. These optional items may be worn as part of the daily uniform. Crested apparel can be purchased at FlynnOHara.com. Non-crested apparel must be of a similar approved style. (Examples can be found at LCCA’s Lands’ End webpage.) No sweatshirts or “hoodies” are to be worn in the school building.
Hair must be clean and neatly styled. Accessories for girls must be navy, white, light blue, or black. Boys will not wear hair accessories.
Uniform guidelines vary by grade. Various uniform options are listed. You do not need to purchase all of these items, except for the required formal dress uniform.
- • Solid colors: navy, tan/khaki, light blue, and white
- • Plaids: royal & powder blue (Must be purchased at FlynnOHara.com)
|Girls K-2||Girls Daily (choose from the following/not all required): • Plaid jumper. (Must be purchased at FlynnOHara.com.) A blouse, shirt, or polo (listed below), as well as modesty shorts, tights, or leggings are required under the jumper. Length must be to the knee. No other jumpers are acceptable on either formal/non-formal days. • Navy or khaki skort. Length must be to the knee. • Navy or khaki slacks. No pleats. • Navy or khaki shorts may be worn from the first day of school through October 31st and again from April 1st through the last day of school. No pleats, no cargo shorts. Must be merchandised as “uniform shorts” or Bermuda/walking shorts and may be no shorter than 4” above the knee. • White, light blue, or navy blouse or (long- or short-sleeved). Peter Pan or Oxford-style collar. • White, light blue, or navy polo shirt (long- or short-sleeved). Peter Pan or Oxford-style collar. • White cotton turtleneck (only to be worn under sweater vest, cardigan, or jumper). • Navy sweater vest, cardigan, fleece, light-weight pullover, or zip-up. These items may be crested (purchased at FlynnOHara.com) or non-crested if they are of the similar approved style and solid navy, no logo. One of the above-listed blouses, shirts, or polos must be worn underneath these items. • Opaque white or navy knee-high socks, navy tights or navy leggings, or black, white, or navy socks. Leggings must be fitted to the ankle. |
Girls Formal (Required): • Plaid jumper. (Must be purchased at FlynnOHara.com.) Modesty shorts required if not wearing leggings. Length must be to the knee. • White Peter Pan collared blouse (long-sleeved). • Plaid crossover tie. (Must be purchased at FlynnOHara.com.) • Opaque navy tights, navy leggings, or navy knee-high socks. • All-black shoes, any acceptable style. No heels.
|Boys K-2||Boys Daily (choose from the following/not all required): • Navy or khaki slacks. No pleats. • Navy or khaki shorts may be worn from the first day of school through October 31st and again from April 1st through the last day of school. No pleats, no cargo shorts. Must be merchandised as “uniform shorts” and may be no shorter than 4” above the knee. • White, light blue, or navy Oxford shirt (long- or short-sleeved). • White, light blue, or navy polo shirt (long- or short-sleeved). • Navy sweater vest, cardigan, fleece, light-weight pullover or zip-up. These items may be crested (purchased at FlynnOHara.com) or non-crested if they are of the similar approved style and solid navy, no logo. One of the above-listed shirts or polos must be worn underneath these items. • Black, white, or navy socks. |
Boys Formal (Required): • Khaki slacks. No pleats. • White Oxford shirt (long-sleeved). • Crested navy sweater vest. (Must be purchased at FlynnOHara.com.) • Plaid tie. (Must be purchased at FlynnOHara.com.) • Black socks. • All-black shoes, any acceptable style.