Facilities Committee Minutes – 12.14.22
FACILITIES COMMITTEE MEETING OF DECEMBER 14, 2022
- Call to Order;
- Chairperson Dan Fuhrman called the meeting to order at 6:02 PM. The meeting was virtual and all committee members were present.
- Dan introduced all members and gave an overview of the purpose and work of the committee. Primary function was to support the work and needs of Facilities Director Peter Knapp.
- Discussion of Additional Mobile Classrooms for UEB:
- Dan and John Heller reported on the status of securing additional MCR’s for the 2023-24 academic year – there are a limited number of units available.
- Margaret Daigneau reported that a minimum of four (4) units would be needed, with as many as six (6) being optimal.
- John cited a meeting with Vesta (supplier of existing MCR’s) was scheduled for Tuesday, December 20, with said meeting to bring greater information and clarity.
- He indicated that a report of this meeting could be presented to the full board at its December 21 meeting.
- This will be listed as an agenda item for that meeting; the board will await the report and discuss appropriate next steps at that meeting.
- Looking Ahead to One Campus and Bond Issue:
- Dan explained that the while the committee will certainly maintain attention to the needs and condition of current facilities, the future focus will primarily be on the actions necessary to execute and fund the renovation or building of a future one-campus site.
- Tim Peterson moved adjournment.
- Motion passed – meeting adjourned at 7:05 PM.