Facilities And Finance Committee Minutes – 08.25.21
Facilities-Finance Committee Meeting August 25, 2021
LCCA West (St. Matthews Church) 818 W. Wisconsin Ave., Oconomowoc, WI
- Call to order 7:07 PM. (Tim, Dan & Bart with guest Jericho Host – former Devine Redeemer/High School and LCCA Parent/Volunteer)
- Facilities Plan Update. (Bart Williams) West
- Double-sided vinyl street sign in process of digging & has sign for over main door.
- Touch up painting next week
- Classrooms mostly set up
- WiFi to be beefed up next week by putting in a repeater
- Phones due soon, but walkie talkies are overdue and backordered & use simple ones in interim till October (for emergency and carlines and key staff where cell coverage is poor)
- Security cameras coming next week for installation professionally/few days recordings East
- Large sign installed.
- Exterior painting in process – needs tuckpointing on West side but will be done laterbudget permitting
- Installing white& chalk boards & coat racks
- Duct work to be completed this week for air conditioning & dimmer switches & ceilingfans (moved from prior room now to be distributed and switched)
- Asbestos all done and tested / finished
- Inspection for occupancy next WednesdayStaff
- Administration – could use a PR/Marketing person to help – to make phone calls and graphics and creative (Staff are overloaded, etc. necessary to cover damage control and stay in front of social media. We need to find out if a board member can get paid in any way. It would sure help. We should investigate a potential part time intern to help get us through. Need to plan/budget for IT person when funds are available.
- Teachers – hired Jane Keddie for 2nd grade & already in Hillsdale training (Staff referral), still can use one more special education teacher – even part-time would help.
- Finance Update. (Bart)
- Status of accounting system- about a month out & Eric Z. is working it with Skyword
- Status of financial reporting – monthly budget to actual – Royce H. to update nextmeeting
- Status of quarterly updated forecast preparation – ditto Royce is on it.
- Enrollment -436 is looking good but could use 13 more 9th graders.
- Foundation formation for new building program – Step One, predictions on future demand. Student counts are the main driver of all the budgeting. Bring Brian Hastings on to FacFin to groom to lead foundation perhaps.
- Old Business
• Bussing – looking for passenger vans, need to stay under 26K pounds to avoid commercial licensing. The half size buses are least expensive ($5-10K). The passenger vans did not pass safety. Due to decide this week.
- New Business – none
- Adjournment at ~ 8:10 PM