Fundraising & Communications Committee Minutes – 11.03.21
Lake Country Classical Academy
LCCA Board Fundraising & Communications Committee
Wednesday, Nov. 3, 2021, 6 – 7 p.m.
St. Matthew’s Evangelical Lutheran Church 818 W. Wisconsin Ave., Oconomowoc, WI 53066 (room: parsonage)
1. Call to Order at 6:04 p.m. Committee members in attendance: Kristin Franke, Brianne Haust, Marley Hastings, Holly Buchwald, Ali Schweitzer & Kristina Vourax.
a. Event Updates:
- Ambassadors Ball, 2/5/22 at Bristlecone Pines. The planning committee held it’s first meeting on 11/2 to discuss event logistics and possible event sponsors.
- 2022 LCCA Liberty Gala. Set for July 16 at the Engleside Hotel. The planning committee will have a kick-off meeting in December.
b. The Legacy Committee (TLC) update:
- Brianne H. and Kristin F. meet with school administration to identify school needs and how the TLC can best assist teachers and staff as well as parent communication (what methods are available and work best).
- Goal of TLC = family engagement and support of the school/teachers. Smaller fundraisers to support faculty, staff, and school operations.
- “Attitude of Gratitude” campaign (last two weeks of Nov.). Students will be encouraged to show gratitude toward their teachers; push to families
to meet immediate needs of the school/teachers – Amazon Wish List – Top-10 Needs being identified).
c. FY2021-2022 LCCA Fundraising plan. The Committee discussed need and ideas for identifying additional sources of funding (family foundations, individuals, and corporate sponsors).
d. Donor package development (giving levels & benefits) – in development.
3. Communications & Marketing
- 2022-2023 school year enrollment marketing. Discussed various marketing tactics including enrollment information sessions for new families, social media, media relations & grassroot marketing (yard signs, etc.).
- LCCA/TLC/Parent communication. Family folders are on hold for now. Main communication tool for school-to-home communications (and for the TLC) is the LCCA Revere e-newsletter.
4. Adjournment at 6:55 p.m.