Fundraising & Communications Committee Minutes – 03.02.22
LCCA Board Fundraising & Communications Committee Meeting Minutes
Wednesday, March 2, 2022, 6 – 7 p.m.
St. Matthew’s Evangelical Lutheran Church 818 W. Wisconsin Ave., Oconomowoc, WI 53066 (room: parsonage)
1. Meeting called to order at 6:02 p.m.
2. The Legacy Committee (TLC) update
• Liberty Gala
o The committee is getting ready to launch procurement efforts(asking for auction items and sponsorships). They will have a few “phases” of procurement, and plan to start phase 1 next week. As things get going, they plan to run a monthly gala update in the Revere, and in a couple months, they will begin asking others to help procure donations, but for now, this should all be done at the committee level.
o The gala committee is working with Brian Hastings to prepare a finalized budget which will be presented first to the finance committee meeting on 3/16.
• Other fundraising efforts
o MOD Pizza: $425 raised
o Spirit Wear fundraisers: $1,100 raised
o Scrips: roughly $1,000 to date
o Monthly restaurant night beginning this month (Badger Burger, Chick-fil-
o April/May penny wars (kids involved)
• Upcoming events
o End-of-year Celebration (not a fundraiser; all-school event for students & families, staff & board)
o Summer parades: Oconomowoc 4th of July; Dousman Derby Days;
Oconomowoc boat parade
- February 5 Fundraiser results: approximately $40,000 raised. These donations are eligible for the William S. Knight Foundation matching grant.
- Grants/foundations: have begun researching family foundations and corporate (local and national) grant opportunities.
4. Adjournment – 6:38 p.m.