LCCA Board Fundraising & Communications Committee Meeting Minutes
Wednesday, April 6, 2022, 6 p.m.
St. Matthew’s Evangelical Lutheran Church (in the parsonage) 818 W. Wisconsin Ave., Oconomowoc, WI 53066
1. Call to Order 6:02 p.m. 2. Fundraising
- A fundraising letter from the Board was mailed to all to LCCA families on April 1 requesting donations to help plug the current operational deficit. Previous cash projections observed $350,000 cash shortfall prior to the FY22-23 DPI per pupil funding payment in September, with the negative cash commencing inAugust. This is shortfall is expected to be closed between voluntary donations from our LCCA families, the Gala in July, and the matching grant from the William S. Knight Foundation.
- LCCA Liberty Gala planning – update
- Gala budget ($42,342.30 in expenses) will be presented at the April 6 board meeting for approval.
- Procurement – materials going to print by this Friday, PDF/electronic version available by early next week. Procurement is underway. Seeking additional volunteers to help secure live and silent auction items.
- Marketing efforts will include: social media; mailing to last year’s attendees; all LCCA parents and donors, community e-newsletter, and all
LCCA communications (Revere, website, SchoolMint)
c. TLC fundraising efforts – update
• Restaurant night at Badger Burger 3/30 – waiting on amount raised
• Looking to do at least one more restaurant night before the end of the
school year (Culvers or Papa Murphy’s)
a. TLC events
- Mother Son Game Night on April 1 – 200 people attended (kids and parents) – it was HUGE success!
- Spring Dance – May 21 for 7th – 9th grade
- Grade-level Family/Parent Gatherings – after school met-ups at FowlerPark on Fridays after school starting mid-month (more details to come in the Revere)
- Lake Country Dockhounds – June 5, End of Year Celebration for LCCA families (fundraiser & public awareness) – nonprofit of the game; Penny Wars with students – teacher gets to throw out first pitch; LCCA choir students will sing National Anthem
- Walk-a-thon in September
- Uniform resale & uniform donation sale (June?)
- Teacher Appreciation Week – first week in May
- Spirit Wear sale before the end of the year
- TLC is going to by LCCA t-shirs for lower cost (fundraiser – shirts can be
worn at community events)
• Famers Markets (Oconomowoc) & Hartland Kids’ Day – looking for
• Oconomowoc Independence Parade
4. Meeting was adjourned at 6:46 p.m.