Fundraising & Communications Committee Minutes – 11.14.22
LCCA Board Fundraising & Communications Committee Meeting Minutes
Monday, Nov. 14, 2022, 10 a.m.
Branigan Inc., 312 E. Buffalo St., Milwaukee, WI 53202
1. Meeting called to order at 10:06 a.m.
2. TLC Update – Jessica Schultz, TLC Treasurer
a. Fundraising efforts to date:
· Restaurant nights:
o Culvers nights (2) raised a total of: $1,014
o Lou Malnati’s fundraiser scheduled for 11/16
· Fall Fest raised a total of $3,752.87 (bake sale, food sales, & kids activities/games)
· Fall Spirit Wear sales: $1,534.25
· Teacher appreciation: $885 was raised to pay for Kurig coffee stations at both campuses.
b. Approximately $6,300 has been raised to reimburse the school for the cost of the Raptor security system ($4,000) and costs for the Christmas choral/band/orchestra concerts ($5,000). Plan to raise the additional $2,700 through Gratitude Grams for teachers (sales end this week), another recent spirit wear sale, and LCCA Christmas ornaments.
a. 2023 LCCA Gala: A gala planning committee update was provided by gala planning chair, Marlo McCormick: Volunteer kick-off meeting on 11/9 was well attended by old and new volunteers. All volunteer lead positions have been filled (Procurement Lead: Joanne Timmerman; Décor Lead: Tammy Buffoni; One Cause Lead: Lori Kaari; Volunteer Lead: Jill Low; and AV/Marketing Lead: Philip Alexander).
· Budget: Marlo will be presenting the gala budget at the 12/12 FCC meeting.
· Event start time: We’re moving up the start time to 4:30 p.m. on 6/2 to allow for early registration and more time for guests to look at auction items. Cocktail hour will be begin at 5 p.m.
· Ticket prices: Ticket prices will be set and presented at 12/12 FCC meeting (Marlo will be meeting with the Ingleside to set the menu and determine costs per guest).
· Sponsorships (levels & targets): Sponsorship levels from last year were discussed. Once we have table prices finalized, we will discuss and finalize sponsor and underwriting levels (and what these levels include) at the 12/12 FCC meeting. Outreach to sponsors will begin in early January.
· Procurement (live and silent auction items): Letters will be sent to last year’s auction donors in January. Additional procurement volunteers are needed – please contact Procurement Lead, Joanne Timmerman, email@example.com.
· Keynote speaker ideas were discussed. All suggestions should be sent to FCC chair, Kristina Vourax, firstname.lastname@example.org.
b. 2022-2023 Fundraising Plan/Strategy:
· FY2022-2023 fundraising strategy/plan – discuss at 12/12 FCC meeting
· Fundraising calendar & tracker – discuss at 12/12 FCC meeting
· Annual Giving Drive/#LCCAgrateful campaign: Dec. 6, 2023. We will be engaging LCCA families, past donors, and the community at large through a one-week marketing campaign leading up to Giving Day (#LCCAgrateful) on Tues., Dec. 6. Communication (via social media, email, etc.) will begin on Tues., Nov. 29. The goal of this year annual giving campaign is to raise $150K for LCCA’s operational fund.
4. Meeting was adjourned at 11:28 a.m.