Lake Country Classical Academy Board Fundraising & Communications Committee Meeting
Monday, Feb. 13, 2022, 10 a.m.
Branigan Inc., 312 E. Buffalo St., Milwaukee, WI 53202
1. Call to order – 10 a.m.
2. TLC Update
a. Upcoming events
- Mother-daughter movie night was a huge success – 160 students and mothers attended (grades K-6); $300 in donations
- This Thursday, 2/16 – All-school Ingleside waterpark night
- Spiritwear sale closing this week
- Restaurant night in March (TBD)
a. 2023 LCCA Gala update/discussion
- Planning – Marlo McCormick, gala committee chair
- One Cause platform is up and running – tickets may go on sale April 1
- Gala sponsorship proposal finished
- Save the Date is being run in the Revere
- Emcee/auctioneer secured
- Procurement – Joanne Timmerman
- Reaching out to last year’s auction donors
- Sponsorships – Kristina Vourax
- Gala sponsorship proposal has been finalized.
- Tracker will be saved in gala folder. Reaching out to last year’s sponsors first. Anyone who is able to help secure event sponsors, please contact Kristina at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Keynote speaker update – Kristina Vourax
- We’re hoping for Tommy Thompson – his team has reserved June 2 on his calendar – hoping for confirmation before April 1.
- Paul Farrow is secured as our special guest
b. Planned Giving options/Edward Jones – Tim Peterson
- Run ideas past advancement officer before public launch
- Introduction to Jorge Benavente, WestPoint Financial to Lori. RFP may be necessary.
c. 2022-2023 Fundraising Plan
- Capital Campaign – fundraising consultants & feasibility study information was shared with the committee. The FCC does not think we are ready for a feasibility study at this time, but there are tactics we can conduct on our own to gather information about our existing donors (interviews, focus groups, survey, etc.) – fundraising plan in development.
- Grant applications
- Parents with grant writing experience?
- Grant writing needs to begin ASAP (as soon as new one-campus site is identified and needed funding is determined – LOIs to key foundations.
a. New FCC communications advisor – Nicole Balistreri
b. Social Media – Nicole provided suggested “community rules” for LCCA’s social media pages. We will run this copy by Margaret for approval.
5. The meeting was adjourned at 11 a.m.